120 Total Hours
At least 40 hours must be upper-level
- Follow the General Education Core Requirements, see Graduation Requirements section of catalog.
- These courses are used to determine major GPA, see Graduation Requirements section of this catalog. Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses counted toward major.
- Additional General Education requirements must be selected from areas outside the primary emphasis.
- Select primary emphasis of 33 hours from the groups below. A minimum of 18 hours must be from courses with same prefix. A minimum of 15 hours must be at the upper-level (3000-4000) within the group.
Group I - Humanities and the Arts
Courses from Art, Communication, English, World Languages, Graphic Design, History, Humanities*, Music, Philosophy, Speech, Religion*, Rhetoric and Writing, Theatre
Group II - Natural Sciences and Mathematics
Courses from Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physical Science*, Physics, Statistics*, Information Technology
Group III - Social Sciences
Courses from Anthropology, Criminal Justice, Geography, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology
*Disciplines may not be used for the 18 same prefix primary emphasis requirement but can be used to meet the 33 hour group requirement.
Note: A course in the general education core can be used in an emphasis but cannot be counted for both a general education requirement and an emphasis requirement.
- Select secondary emphasis of 18 hours from a group different than selected for the primary emphasis, or from Business (ACCT, ECON, FIN, LAW, MGMT, or MKTG).
- Additional degree requirement, 24 hours. Select elective courses in consultation with advisor.
Prior to graduation students must demonstrate competency in financial literacy by satisfactory completion of FIN 1521 - Personal Finance Applications (or an approved substitution) with a grade of C or better, or by a score of 70% or more on a challenge exam for FIN 1521 .